I’ve always been the baby of the bunch & I honestly never minded it. Lately I’ve been facing the crisis of becoming an adult. Like hello, I swear I was 8 yesterday wearing my Little Mermaid nightgown and eating Easy Mac like it was crack and I was an addict. I recently realized that I am totally unprepared to be responsible for myself. I don’t really even know how to use an oven- what if I starve because I get tired of microwave/toasted/grilled/raw food? Enter hyperventilation. What’s better than calling all the adults you know and begging for life-hacks? Blogging to all the adults you know for life-hacks.
Dear people who successfully turned 18 once upon a time, please ease my transition.
- Is my metabolism slowly going to slow down until I can’t just eat pizza whenever I want?
- Do lunges ever get easier?
- Can I still call my dad about every medical question I have… and business question… and homework questions… And life questions?
- What is a mortgage?
- Am I expected to memorize my social security number now?
- What is a social security number?
- Do I need my own insurance or something?
- Am I supposed to like caviar now?
- Will I automatically like the taste of alcohol now that I’m an adult?
- Is it socially acceptable to go to work slightly hungover?
- How do you pay taxes?
- What is a lease and how do you sign it?
- How tough is the job market really?
- Do I actually have to read the print on documents before I sign them now?
- Do I have to watch the news for fun?
- Should I actually separate colors and whites when I do laundry?
- Who is my doctor now?
- Is it okay to miss being a kid sometimes?
Who knows maybe none of this will even apply to me. I could marry some rich man that knows all about being old and just cruise through life like I was 17. As if. We all know I have plans for myself. And none of them involve an old man paying my bills (unless it’s my dad, but he’s not old, just seasoned).
So I guess it’s time to figure this whole life thing out. Calling all the life professionals- watch out, I’m moving in.
Stuck in my head: Cecelia & The Satelite // Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
Snap it: El Centro, DC
+Info: Taco Tuesday at El Centro is the way to turn 18. & welcome to the adult club, Molly. So thankful for sharing closets and sharing birthdays. & Olivia is the best roommate ever. Ok. I’m done.